Southwestern Tempeh Taco Bowls
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 package Tempeh such as Lightlife
- 1 TBSP low sodium taco seasoning
- 1 small can diced tomatoes
- 1 whole red onion
- 1 avocado
- 1 can corn kernels
- 1 can low sodium black beans
- 3-4 cups romaine lettuce or spinach
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- Add oil to medium saute pan and turn heat to medium-high. Crumbled tempeh and add to saute pan. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, then add 1/4 cup of the diced tomatoes and the taco seasoning. Add additional salt and pepper if desired and cook for additional 4-5 minutes.
- While tempeh is cooking, dice onions and slice avocado into small slices. Drain and rinse beans and corn. Set aside.
- Divide lettuce, corn, beans, avocado, and red onion into 3 servings. Top with 1/3 of the tempeh mixture and top with fresh cilantro.